Is the i.Lab Summer Accelerator for you?
The i.Lab supports the development of new entrepreneurs and the growth of promising seed and early-stage ventures.
We provide this support through a combination of programs, funding, workspace, committed mentors, industry experts, free legal services, a community of founders and funders, and connections to a range of resources.
The i.Lab Summer Accelerator is open to seed and early stage ventures from the Charlottesville community. We welcome applications from both for-profit and not-for-profit ventures, and from ventures that with a direct affiliation to UVA (e.g., faculty, staff, or student) or without a direct affiliation to UVA.
THe i.Lab Summer Accelerator Provides:
- $5,000 grant to the company (i.e., we do not take an equity stake);
- Dedicated workspace for 10 weeks (w/co-working option for up to one year);
- Weekly workshops and new venture curriculum;
- Legal services (e.g., incorporation, operating agreements);
- Mentorship (i.e., advice and support from experienced founders and experts in the field);
- Community and Connections.
Ventures in the Accelerator commit to:
- Participating—full-time—in the 10-week program at the i.Lab in Charlottesville;
- Participating in key i.Lab events throughout the year;
- Being a positive and contributing member of and resource to the i.Lab community.
TIMELINE - 2017 SUMMER ACCELERATOR (MORE DATES COMING SOON)
January 3: Online application available January 26: Applications due by 11:59PM EST (no exceptions)
February 3: Applicant interviews (by invitation)
February 13: Announcement of 2017 Class
February 24: Commitments Due and Law Clinic Mixer
April 28: Darden Alumni Fair i.Lab Venture Showcase (i.Lab companies are required to participate)
June 1 - August 10: Summer Accelerator Program
Downloadable PDF of 2017 Summer Accelerator Application (for reference)
2016 Summer Accelerator participants, please click here for a new Startup Grant program.
If you have any specific questions about the process, contact Sandra McCutcheon: email@example.com.