The i.Lab Incubator Program supports the development of new entrepreneurs and the growth of promising seed and early-stage ventures.
We provide this support through a combination of programs, funding, workspace, committed mentors, industry experts, free legal services, a community of founders and funders, and connections to a range of resources.
The i.Lab Incubator program is open to seed and early stage ventures from the Charlottesville community. We welcome applications from both for-profit and not-for-profit ventures, and from ventures with a direct affiliation to UVA (e.g., faculty, staff, or student) or without a direct affiliation to UVA.
If you have any specific questions about the process, contact Sandra McCutcheon.
THe incubator Program Provides:
- $5,000 grant to the company (i.e., we do not take an equity stake);
- Dedicated workspace for 10 weeks (w/co-working option for up to one year);
- Weekly workshops and new venture curriculum;
- Legal support (e.g., incorporation, operating agreements);
- Mentorship from experienced founders and industry experts;
- Community and Connections.
Ventures in the Program commit to:
- Participating—full-time—in the 10-week residential program at the i.Lab in Charlottesville;
- Participating in key i.Lab events throughout the year;
- Being a positive and contributing member of and resource to the i.Lab community.
TIMELINE - 2018 Incubator Program
January 3: Online application available
January 24: Applications due by 1:00 PM EST (1300 EST)- no exceptions
February 9: Applicant interviews (by invitation)
February 16: Announcement of 2018 Class
February 28: Commitments Due and Law Clinic Mixer
April 27: Darden Alumni Fair i.Lab Venture Showcase (i.Lab companies are required to participate)
2018 Incubator: June 4- August 10
Downloadable PDF 2017 Incubator Application (for reference)