The i.Lab Incubator Program supports the development of new entrepreneurs and the growth of promising seed and early-stage ventures.
We provide this support through a combination of programs, funding, workspace, committed mentors, industry experts, free legal services, a community of founders and funders, and connections to a range of resources.
The i.Lab Incubator program is open to seed and early stage ventures from the Charlottesville community. We welcome applications from both for-profit and not-for-profit ventures, and from ventures with a direct affiliation to UVA (e.g., faculty, staff, or student) or without a direct affiliation to UVA.
If you have any specific questions about the process, contact Sandra McCutcheon.
THe incubator Program Provides:
- $5,000 grant to the company (i.e., we do not take an equity stake);
- Dedicated workspace for 10 weeks (w/co-working option for up to one year);
- Weekly workshops and new venture curriculum;
- Legal support (e.g., incorporation, operating agreements);
- Mentorship from experienced founders and industry experts;
- Community and Connections.
Ventures in the Program commit to:
- Participating—full-time—in the 10-week program at the i.Lab in Charlottesville;
- Participating in key i.Lab events throughout the year;
- Being a positive and contributing member of and resource to the i.Lab community.
TIMELINE - 2017 Incubator Program
January 3, 2017: Online application available
January 26, 2017: Applications due by 11:59PM EST (no exceptions)
February 3, 2017: Applicant interviews (by invitation)
February 13, 2017: Announcement of 2017 Class
February 24, 2017: Commitments Due and Law Clinic Mixer
April 28, 2017: Darden Alumni Fair i.Lab Venture Showcase (i.Lab companies are required to participate)
June 1 - August 10, 2017: Summer Accelerator Program
Downloadable PDF of 2017 Incubator Application (for reference)